Hours of Operation:
History and Information:
Milford's library history began in 1882, when the Milford Library Association was organized. That first library consisted of a single room in the Grange Hall and the first librarian, Mrs. Hettie Davis, drew a salary of $30 a year.
As the library grew, so did the services offered. A school children's library conducted by Mrs. Edward Brown from 1912 to 1921, made children's books available as well as regularly conducted story hours.
The Milford Public Library of today is worlds away from the libraries of either Mrs. Davis' or Mrs. Brown's day. In 1993, supporters of the Milford Public Library dedicated a new, state of the art facility overlooking the Mispillion Riverwalk Park. A true commodity hub, a mini amphitheater provides space for outside concerts, festivals, and Christmas caroling. The new library houses more than 40,000 items, including books, videos, and books on tape. And, Internet access and 21st century technology now brings the world to the townspeople of Milford.
Mrs. Hettie Davis was Milford's first librarian. Mrs. Edward Brown made available a children's library and regularly conducted story hours from 1912 to 1921.