Hours of Operation:
History and Information:
The Georgetown Public Library was established and founded in 1899 by the Georgetown New Century Club. That first library was housed on the second floor of the Lacy Building, along with the New Century Club. In 1926, the Club moved to West Pine Street and dedicated a separate room for the library.
From those early beginnings, the library and its collection has grown. The library that once occupied the New Century Club building now resides in a brand new 29,400 square foot library, which provides the public with increased services and materials.
The Georgetown Public Library is host to many programs, which are well-attended. The library places a special emphasis on child-related activities, instructing school groups, and providing story times. Various book discussion groups are also available.
Mary Haller is the current president of the Friends Group.
Current Library Board
Dr. John Martin, Jr.